Hi Beauty Lover,
I was really excited to receive a tweet from Charlotte of Looks 2b Loved to say that she had nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Check out her award post here.
This really means a lot to me, as I have only recently started my blog, and always worry that people reading it might think it’s boring. So to receive this is absolutely amazing!.
This award is given to bloggers who you feel are positive, inspiring, creative or who’s blog you just really enjoy reading.
So the award rules are…
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers you feel deserve this award
- Write 11 questions for them to answer in their award post
- Let your 11 bloggers know you have nominated them
- This year I turned 40 *Yikes*
- I’m a Cancerian and my birthday is in July (just in case you want to get me a gift ;) )
- I have been married 12 years
- I have a 15 year old cat called Ollie and an 8 year old Cocker Spaniel dog called Rocco
- I suck at putting nail varnish on, especially my right hand…
- I had a horse riding accident about 5 years ago, and since then I have lost 1/2 inch in height
- I have PCOS
- I looooveee teenage vampire books shhh…. keep that quiet
- I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters
- When I was 13 I was on TV asking for sausage and chips at my school, as they were discussing the state of school dinners
- My favourite colour is Purple.
The questions Charlotte gave me are:
Do you have a favourite makeup/cosmetic brand and if so, which one and why?
Yes, my favourite brand is MAC Cosmetics, they have such good quality products, and I feel like a kid in a sweet shop when I go to their counter in my local department store.
Is there a particular fashion style that inspires you?
I am not a major follower of fashion, I’m more into casual clothing, but I really love the style of Dita Von Teese (the sophisticated version, not glamour!) and love the style of the 40’s, very glamorous and elegant.
If I were to open your wardrobe, what would be the predominant colour I would see?
I would say blue or brown, I love those colours and as I have blue eye’s. they make them pop.
Have you ever owned a shell suit and if so, why, just why?!
Erm… yes back in the day when they were first in fashion in the 80’s, and yes they were in fashion!
Christmas Eve or New Years Eve?
Definitely New Years eve as I always have a great night with my friends, to welcome in the new year!
What colour/s is your bedroom?
My bedroom is a mixture of biscuit/stone coloured walls and I have a feature wall with dark blue wallpaper.
How many lip products do you have in your handbag right now?
Today I have 3 lip products in my bag Bourjois Colour Boost in Orange Punch, Vaseline lip salve and MAC Creme Cup lipstick
If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Either Spain or Cornwall. Spain for the lovely weather and laid back lifestyle and Cornwall to live near the sea and have more open space around me.
If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what style would they be?
Wedges, as they always make you look taller and great for slimming the legs
Is your glass half full or half empty?
Definitely half full, I am always optimistic, where as my hubby is the opposite!
Do you have a celebrity crush and if so, on whom?
Can I have two?! I have had a crush on for the longest time on Brad Pitt, obvious but oh so gorgeous! My second crush is the delectable Hugh Jackman especially as Wolverine, hubba hubba!
My Nominee’s for the Sunshine Award are (in no particular order)…
Now my questions for my nominee’s…
- How long have you been blogging?
- Favourite high street store?
- If stranded on a desert island what 3 beauty items could you not live without?
- Any tattoo’s or piercings?
- What is your favourite makeup brand?
- Name one of your guilty pleasures?
- Twitter or Facebook?
- How often do you blog?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What is your favourite perfume?
- Dream job?
I hope you enjoyed my answers and I look forward to reading the post’s of the people I have nominated.